Bereaved Families of Ontario-Toronto is a volunteer based bereavement support organization that provides programs and services based on a mutual support model to individuals, families, groups and communities throughout the city of Toronto.
We honor and respect that family, social, cultural, and faith and life experiences affect how people grieve. Whether a loved one died from an illness, accident, murder or suicide, we believe that:
• The deep grief an individual or family experiences following a death is normal
• Grief is a unique experience for every person
• Everyone carries within him or herself the capacity to heal
• Critical to the healing process is an emotionally safe space in which to grieve.
ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS STATEMENT
• To be a community leader in the provision of mutual and peer-support bereavement services.
• To educate service users and the public on issues related to grief and bereavement.
• To be welcoming and accessible to all of the diverse communities in Toronto.
• To build integrated services and mutually beneficial strategic partnerships.
• To be an organization where learning, innovation and community are fostered.
• To connect individuals, families and communities