Bringing Braille Home for the Summer: A Special Workshop for Parents
par Braille Literacy Canada
- samedi, 27 mai 2017 de 1:00 Après-midi à 2:30 Après-midi (HAE)
Information sur les billets
Curious to know how you can help students brush up and maintain those braille skills over the summer months? Want to know how you can support braille literacy at home throughout the year? Join BLC for their upcoming teleconference to learn about creative and fun ways to support braille literacy at home.
This special panel presentation will be presented by Adam Wilton (Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments and Manager of the Provincial Resource Center for the Visually Impaired in British Columbia), Karen Brophy (CNIB Program Lead, Literacy), and Natalie Martiniello (Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist and braille user).
Topics will include:
- home-based braille literacy activities and ideas for parents,
- accessible and fun apps for practicing braille skills, and
- special braille literacy programs for Canadian children and youth offered through the CNIB (including the braille writing contest, summer reading program and Readasaurus kit).
- FREE for members and representatives of BLC corporate members
- $10.00 for staff and associates of BLC corporate members
- $20.00 for non-members
Register online via CanadaHelps or call 1-877-861-4576 and leave your name and number to register and pay by phone (VISA/MasterCard).
If you have any questions or for more information, please write to Natalie Martiniello, Secretary, at email@example.com.
NOT A MEMBER BUT INTERESTED IN BECOMING ONE? It only costs $20 for the calendar year for an individual membership which entitles you to participate in all of BLC”s regular teleconference workshops that are held throughout the year FREE OF CHARGE, receive our quarterly newsletter, and more! Please call us, write to firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our web site for more information on how you can become a member of BLC today!