KATC Olympics 2019
BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB OF KINGSTON & AREA INC.
On Saturday, June 22nd KATC is joining forces with Boys and Girls Club of Kingston to bring you the 3rd Annual KATC Olympics Fundraiser! Join for a day filled with fun, friends, and fitness and help us reach our fundraising goal of $3000 for the Boys and Girls Club of Kingston & Area!
How the Event Works:
- Gather a team of 5 friends, family and/or coworkers and register a team;
- Register a personal fundraising page and collect pledges!
- Each team will compete in 5 fitness "events" and score points based on performance;
- The events are scalable to all ages & fitness levels;
- The team with the most points after 5 events is declared the winner!
- Prizes will be awarded to the team with the most points at the end of the 5 events and the team with best costume!
- The event will run from 10am to 2pm on Saturday June 22nd at KATC (1663 Venture Dr, Unit 1B)
* We ask each team to raise a minimum of $500 with 100% of the proceeds go to the Boys & Girls Club of Kingston & Area.
The Events (10-15 minutes each):
- Running Relay – Takes place on a 200m long course. 1 member of each team must walk/run at all times. One point is awarded for each lap completed. Complete as many laps as possible in the allotted time.
- Weight Transfer Challenge – Teams must work together to move weight plates and dumbbells from point A to point B (roughly 25m apart). When all the weights are moved your team is given a point. Collect as many points as possible in the allotted time.
- Circuit Challenge – Teams must work together through a short bodyweight circuit in the gym. Each time your team completes a round of the circuit they are awarded a point. Complete as many rounds as possible in the allotted time.
- Mobility & Movement – This station provides teams with some rest and a chance to work on their mobility & flexibility.
- The Classic Relay – The event consists of 3 mini events. The egg toss, the 3-legged race, and the egg balance and walk. A point will be awarded for each round your team completes.