Genetics and our Food: From Genes and GMOs to CRISPR
par Canadian Centre for Food Integrity
- mardi, 21 août 2018 de 9:00 Matin à 4:30 Après-midi (HAE)
- Maple Leaf Foods ‘Think Food’ Centre 6897 Financial Drive, Mississauga, ON L5N 0A8
Information sur les billets
Objectives of the Food System Forum Series:
* To host an invite only forum for connecting, dialogue and information sharing for food system executives.
* To share research and insights related to public trust in Canadian food and farming.
* To provide timely and credible information on food system issues as part of an ongoing series.
This forum specifically:
* To provide a base level of understanding of genetics - from traditional breeding through to the newest forms of technology in our food - in use today and coming in the future.
* To provide context and encourage critical thinking about the use of technology as one tool of many used in food production - starting from the farm.
* To provide an overview of global and North American trends and pressure points related to technology - in labelling, marketing, policy and regulation.
With thanks to our Food System Forum partners...
Canadian Canola Growers Association CropLife (TBC) Maple Leaf Foods University of Guelph
The Canadian Centre for Food Integrity reserves the right to limit entry to this event to individuals who support the objectives. Registration fees are non-refundable, but are transferrable to an approved delegate.