Down Syndrome Awareness Fun Walk
DOWN SYNDROME ASSOCIATION OF PETERBOROUGH
The Down Syndrome Association of Peterborough is excited to be hosting our first annual Down Syndrome Awareness Fun Walk!
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where: Isabel Morris Park, Lakefiled, ON
What: The Down Syndrome Awareness Fun Walk will be an exciting, colourful 2 km walk, open to family, friends, and the entire community. This event will help us to raise awareness and funding for the Down Syndrome Association of Peterborough so that we can bring increased programming, information sessions and support to individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
The walk will be a "colour splash" walk, where participants will be given a white t-shirt and will leave the walk covered in a rainbow of colour! Coloured powder (non-toxic of course!) will be thrown in the air as participants walk the route and a colour party will take place once we're back at the park!
Following the walk there will be Family Fun Zone with food, bouncy castles, games, special entertainment, and a prize table!
Who: The Down Syndrome Association of Peterborough is a non-profit organization that supports individuals with Down syndrome and their families. Our mission is to support each other in normalizing and enriching the lives of people with Down syndrome to ensure that they reach their fullest potential and live a meaningful life, as responsible, fully integrated members of the community.
How: You can be a part of this wonderful event in one of several ways:
1. Register a team with a Team Fundraising page and encourage friends and family to join as team members; all team members will have the opportunity to raise money as part of your team in addition to joining you at the walk!
2. Join an existing team and encourage others to donate to that team and/or join us for the festivities at the walk!
3. Donate to the event either through a Team Page, or the general Walk page.
4. Become an event sponsor; please see additional information about sponsorship opportunities available.
5. Become an event volunteer; please see additional information about volunteer opportunities available.
Registration: Registration is $10 per person (over the age of 2) and will include entry to the event, a t-shirt and sunglasses. Food will be available for purchase. To register, either Create a Team or Join a Team through the links above.
Fundraising: You can fundraise by emailing out the fundraising link (which you will see after you register) to family and friends, and/or by sharing the link on Social Media. You can also collect "off-line" donations, by printing out a pledge sheet and collecting cash or cheques. "Off-line" pledge sheets and cash/cheques will be collected the morning of the Walk.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact Jennifer Thomas at email@example.com