Information sur les billets
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the 2nd Annual Palliative Care Conference. This year’s conference theme is Palliative “Care” Conversations: Doing Death Better.
Grande Prairie Palliative Care Society is proud to support and provide delegates the opportunity to network, share experiences and exchange ideas with colleagues, family and friends.
You’ll have an opportunity to enhance your knowledge of the practical aspects of compassion, palliative care and of end-of-life issues throughout our interactive community showcase as well as explore current trends, issues and research with our invited guests and speakers.
- To provide a forum for both community members and health professionals to enhance their palliative care knowledge.
- To heighten awareness of palliative care needs in our community.
- To heighten awareness of compassionate values and moral decision making in palliative care which allows difficult conversations to evolve.
- To strengthen community social networks, organizational cultures and linkages with local health services to better support people living with frailty, advanced chronic illness and end of life and bereavement to receive care in the community.
- To create a community culture that supports people and their caregivers to feel empowered to ask for and accept help from their family, friends, neighbours, co-workers and other social networks.
- To mobilize and prepare community members to be confident and capable of offering and providing help to people and their families and caregivers in the community.
Date: May 9, 2019
Location: Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, Grande Prairie
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Dr. Shane Sinclair, Ph.D
Dr. Wendy Duggleby,PhD, RN.
Kelsi McInnis, BMT, MTA
Jody Walker, Mental Health Promotion
Dr. Eman Hassan, MD, MPH
Block of rooms available until April 19, 2019.
Please contact Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre directly at 780-532-5221.