Information sur les billets
Colette Howery (retired RN, Certificate in Grief Support) and Donna Lynne Erickson (Certified Grief Facilitator) facilitate a one-day bereavement and grief workshop for the public.
This free workshop is for:
•People who are coping with grief and loss
•Support People (i.e. friends, co-workers, family, and/or healthcare providers)
This workshop is for people who are coping with grief and loss, as well as for people interested in becoming “grief helpers” – co-workers, family members or even physicians and health care professionals supporting people going through a loss.
The one-day workshop covers the following topics:
- How to be a companion/grief helper to someone who has experienced a loss
- Types of loss: loss of mobility, loss of health, loss of earning potential
- The importance of integrating loss into our own lives first
- That everyone’s grief journey is unique and that we all grieve differently
- How to recognize signs of complicated grief
- How to access appropriate community resources