Information sur les billets
Every year the Hospice Society of Camrose & District offers a training program that is open to the public.All are welcome to participate, whether you choose to become a volunteer or not. However, first spots are reserved for those intending to complete volunteer registration.
Our exceptional volunteer training program has, first and foremost, the intention of preparing you for service as care-volunteers for palliative and grieving individuals and their families. With Hospice You make a difference. We also welcome your gifts in many other areas of service
Those choosing to become registered volunteers will be interviewed, asked to supply references, and undertake a criminal record check.
Friday evenings are 6:30 – 9:00 pm
Saturdays & Sundays are 8:30am – 4:00 pm
Location: Sterling Room, Flagstaff County Office
Training Program Outline:
- History of Hospice and the Modern Hospice Movement
- Introduction to Palliative/end-of-life Support, and the Value of Silence
- Effective Communications
- Family Dynamics
- Emotional & Spiritual Support: A vision for holistic care
- Companioning the Bereaved
- Physical Care of the Dying
- Grief & Bereavement
- Self Care: Grace and compassion for self and others
- Elder Abuse Awareness
Those who wish to become certified in volunteer caregiver roles must complete all training sessions.