Every year, InterAction's teaching artists work with schools in Southern New Brunswick to provide FREE PROGRAMMING in performing arts to children who would not otherwise be taking part in classes.
The following is a sample of the programs we have been able to offer through grants and donations to our charitable organization.
- Ballet and Creative Movement at Hazen White-St Francis School
- The creation and production of Alice in Wonderland with elementary students at Hazen White
- The creation and production of A Midsummer Nights Dream with middle school students at Hazen White
- "Fridays at IACT" with middle school students from St John the Baptist King Edward School, who have visited InterAction every Friday for the past 5 years to take dance, theatre, and music programming
- Dance and Music classes for students at Woodlawn Education Centre
- School outreach workshops and performances to Morna Heights, St Patricks, Lorne, Centennial, Bayview, Havelock, Prince Charles, Beaconsfield, Millidgeville North, Barnhill, Ecole Samuel de Champlain, and many more
This is our 16th season of outreach, and over the years we've seen first hand the benefits to the children, their family, and their community.We are currently taking donations towards our outreach programs, to help us create and implement these opportunities for children to learn and grow through the arts.
We are recruiting donors to our "100 for 100 Club": 100 people donating $100 dollars towards programming for children in the community. We are a registered charity and will provide tax receipts for all donations. By joining, you help provide arts opportunities to children in neighbourhood schools, as together we write and record our Canada 150 project "Our Stories/Our Songs"!