Information sur les billets
This one-day safety conference features dynamic speakers who will make you reconsider the way you approach safety at home, at work and behind the wheel.
Those in attendance will learn about personal leadership and how individual actions impact the safety of others and themselves.
Lessons From Life’s Most Powerful Question - Brian Willis
- 8 am - 2:30 pm, Thursday, May 4, 2017
- Auditorium, Calgary Police Service Headquarters - Westwinds, 5111 47 St. N.E.
- 8 – 9 am: Registration, Visit Exhibitor Tables
- 9 - 9:15 am: Intros & Housekeeping
- 9:15 – 10:45am: Brian Willis
- 10:45 - 11:00 am: Break & Visit Exhibitor Tables
- 11 am - Noon: Jody Laird
- Noon - 1pm: Lunch Break
- 1 – 1:45 pm: Wynny Sillito
- 1:45 – 2 pm: Concluding Remarks
- 2 – 2:30 pm: Visit Exhibitor Tables
FOOD & BEVERAGES
- Beverages and snacks provided
- Breakfast/lunch available at Cravings Market Restaurant, located in Westwinds (attendees must purchase their own lunch)
- Just $30 per ticket. Single ticket sales only.
- Brian Willis served as a member of the Calgary Police Service for 25 years and has over 26 years of law enforcement training experience. He is a recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award for his commitment and contributions to Officer Safety in Canada, the Queens Diamond Jubilee Medal and the Law Officer Trainer of the Year award. Brian is recognized throughout North America as a thought leader, catalyst for change and a man with many questions. He is the founder of the innovative training company Winning Mind Training, a company committed to help the men and women of law enforcement Embrace the Suck, focus on What’s Important Now and Dare to Be Great.
- Jody Laird – With experience as a 911 dispatcher in Calgary, Jody takes the task of helping first responders get home at the end of each shift seriously. Jody is very passionate about public speaking and has delivered keynote speeches and presentations across Canada on behalf of the John Petropoulos Memorial Fund (JPMF). She lives in Airdrie with her two children and her husband, a police officer and JPMF co-founder.
- Wynny Sillito is a health and safety specialist with over 10 years of experience in construction, oil & gas, and emergency response. She seeks to inspire people to believe in the importance of workplace health and safety programs by sharing her personal experiences. Throughout her career, Wynny has been involved closely in a number of serious workplace incidents, but none influenced her career more than her own personal experience with workplace tragedy on a winter day in 2011. She currently serves as a speaker for the charitable organization Threads of Life and hopes to prevent other workers and their families from sharing the same experience she went through.