To establish an Islamic presence in Canada, that is balanced, constructive and integrated, though distinct, within the social fabric and culture of Canada
About Our Charity
The Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) is a not-for-profit organization registered with the Canada Revenue Agency as a charitable organization. MAC works to strengthen communities through education, religious service and charitable giving since 1997.
As of 2013, MAC has 12 community centers and places of worship across Canada, including locations in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Edmonton. Each year, over 60,000 people attend religious service and participate in social and recreational activities in our mosques and centers. MAC also has several schools across Canada including three full-time schools in Ottawa, Mississauga and Edmonton. The organization is entrusted with the care and education of 1,400 full-time students and over 4,000 part- time students. MAC operates 190,000 sq. ft of school space and provides employment for 150 full-time and 450 part-time employees. Our full-time schools have received top scores in provincial rankings and rank amongst the best in their respective cities according to the Fraser Institute.
MAC aims to inspire Muslims in communities across Canada to engage in community involvement and service not only within the Muslim community, but with every community, regardless of faith or background. We provide community support and services to tens of thousands of Canadians every year.
We operate 235,000 sq. ft of community spaces in the form of community centers. MAC operates over 50 programs across the country in numerous schools, campuses and centers including: leadership training programs, BYG and SYG (brothers and sisters) youth groups, high school mentorship programs, and MAC Scouts.
Additionally, MAC runs monthly ‘MAC Give’ programs across 8 chapters, involving 1145 volunteers, and delivering: blood drives, food drives, and toys drive, monthly soup kitchens, tree planting; and raising funds for causes like MS, Alzheimer’s, cancer, arthritis, and breast cancer, and various health advocacy and education programs.
MAC’s model for change is based on developing community resiliency through creating healthy environments for sharing experiences, programs, activities, and providing spaces where friendships can be developed and bonds can be established. Our strategies in achieving that are:
- Building responsive infrastructure to support the spiritual and social needs of the community.
- Provide opportunities for children to learn and grow in safe and stimulating environment.
- Inspire and empower youth to realize their potential.
- Create opportunities for civic engagement, through connecting people to each other and enabling people to help people through acts of goodness and kindness.
- Celebrating our faith and our achievements as a community.
- Establishing bridges of common purpose with other communities and faith groups.
- Building partnerships with various organizations and NGO’s to promote peace and social justice.
Be part of the story of MAC...