The purpose of the Nicaragua Children’s Foundation is to improve the lives of children and their families in the area of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua and in its surrounding areas. We do this in three ways:
1. We contribute to the advancement of education in Nicaragua by providing materials, books, resources and physical improvements to existing schools.
2. We help to provide economic and infrastructure development to rural communities through our microloan program and through contribution to special projects such as electricity and water. We also encourage communities to become more self-sufficient through the establishment of Community Development Funds.
3. We strive to protect the more vulnerable members of the communities in which we work. This includes children, elders, the disabled and animals. When a community takes care of its more vulnerable members, everyone benefits.
The Nicaragua Children's Foundation believes that:
- Every child has a right to an education and to the tools that will enable him/her to learn.
- Each one of us has the ability to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- We work collaboratively with the communities in which we work to create and support projects that are appropriate for the people in the area.
- We are accountable to our supporters; all donations go to providing help to children in Nicaragua.