Nutrition and Cooking Class for Parkinson's
par Parkinson's Resource Centre
- mardi, 26 février 2019 de 1:00 Après-midi à mardi, 26 mars 2019 3:00 Après-midi (HAE)
- Columbus Centre Community Kitchen 901 Lawrence Ave West (at Dufferin), Toronto, ON M6A 1C3
Information sur les billets
Register now to learn more about how to shop, cook, and eat healthy while living with Parkinson’s disease (PD). Each week will include information sharing, discussion, Q&As, and some healthy treats.
Lisa Dickie, professional chef and owner of Dickie’s Cooking School, will join us for our final class as we plan, prepare, and share a 3-course meal together. You’ll also leave with some tasty and healthy recipes to try at home.
Space is limited. Cost for the four-week session includes handouts, recipes, and all food provided at class, including healthy snacks each week and the final 3-course meal.
Friends, family, and care partners of those living with PD are encouraged to attend.
- What is a Healthy Diet?
- Impact of Parkinson’s Symptoms and Medications
- Vitamins, Food Supplements, and Special Diets
- Foods for Brain Health
- Food Shopping and Preparation Hints and Tips
- Advanced Parkinson’s Support
- Preparing and Sharing a Meal (in-class activity)
The Columbus Centre Community Kitchen is located at Lawrence and Dufferin, is an accessible facility, and parking is available on-site.
Please contact us if you have any questions, dietary restrictions, or accommodation requests for accessibility.