Our mandate is:
• To provide children in low income communities with nutritious food.
• To provide children with examples of healthy lunches and snacks, and good eating and nutritional habits.
• To encourage children to attend school with a positive outlook for the day.
• To develop a sense of community.
• To raise awareness of the issue of child hunger within the larger community.
• To generate financial support and volunteers for Regina Food for Learning.
RFFL currently provides lunches in 5 locations and snacks in 4 locations and breakfast in 1 location.
• An average of 11,150 snacks, lunches or breakfasts are served to 935 children on a monthly basis.
• Five of the snack/lunch programs are considered universal (meaning that every student in the school receives a snack/lunch regardless of need, which can reduce the stigmatization of the children in need).