Information sur les billets
This forum aims to respond to the challenges of aging demographics in rural communities in the context of business succession. The Forum will feature speaker presentations followed by small group discussions on community wealth transfer and rural business ownership.
Come learn how others are tackling the challenges of community wealth transfer and rural business ownership succession in the US and in several national and provincial initiatives. Join in discussions of how organizations such as community foundations, economic development agencies, financial institutions and municipalities might better collaborate to keep wealth from leaving and work together to facilitate business succession to a new generation of entrepreneurs/owners.
Format for the day:
Morning: Community Wealth
- Ryan Gibson, U of G Libro Professor
- Cindy Lindsay, Community Foundations of Canada
- Greta Leach & K.C. Belitz, Nebraska Community Foundation
- Table group discussions – What would boost the success of community wealth initiatives in my community Introduced by Martha Murphy Campbellford/Seymour Community Foundation Executive Director
Afternoon: Business Succession
- Warren Sheydwasser, Successionmatching.com
- Russ Christianson, Aron Theatre Story
- Peter Cameron, ONCoop, Shared Value Platforms
- Laura-Lee Brenneman, Business Development Bank of Canada
- Table group discussions - How can economic development agencies and private sector financial advisors work better together to support business succession in a region?
The Rural Ontario Institute is offering the forums with the support of many partners. This includes, Grey County and the City of Belleville as local sponsors and Ontario East Economic Development Commission as a promotional partner. The program features contributions from Community Foundations of Canada, ONCoop, SuccessionMatching.com, Grey-Bruce Community Foundation, Campbellford/Seymour Community Foundation, University of Guelph and special guest speakers from the Nebraska Community Foundation sharing their Hometown Competitiveness and Community Endowment program experiences.
Financial support to organize this event has been provided by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.