ABOUT OUR CHARITY
We are a Liberal Faith Community
We are a group of individuals with diverse beliefs, from Christian, Buddhist, Humanist, Atheist, Pagan and still undefined - what we have in common is our Unitarian principles and a desire to work towards a better understanding of ourselves and each other in community.
Our Statement of Mission and Purpose
Honouring the wisdom and truths found in a wide range of spiritual and secular sources, Saskatoon Unitarians are a nurturing and diverse community in which people of all ages gather to search for meaning, experience wonder, and be a positive influence in the world.
Find meaning. Experience wonder. Live ethically.
We as Unitarian Universalists, covenant to affirm and promote:
· The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
· Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
· Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregation;
· A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
· The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregation and in society at large;
· The goal of community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
· Respect for the interdependent web of all existence, of which we are a part.