PHS Community Services Society, friends, and fellow organizations invite you to celebrate culture Honouring the sacred ones, Our Children at the Oppenheimer Park (488 Powell St.) on September 18, 2016. This project brings people of many Nations together from all walks of life to support our elders and relatives that live in and around the Downtown Eastside community.
Your Support and Donations
Your donations will support our children, community, and elders.
We wish to raise $10,000 to:
- Feed hundreds of people who attend the Pow Wow
- Honour our children with a gift give-away
- Thank our drummers, dancers, and speakers with honorarium payments
- Rent event and sound equipment.
- Print and sell Culture Saves Lives t-shirts
- Increase our honorarium budget
- Facilitate participatory art and knowledge sharing
We are grateful to work, live, and re-connect on this land of the Coast Salish people and acknowledge Honouring the sacred ones, Our Children 5th Annual Pow Wow and cultural celebration takes place on the unceded Coast Salish territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tseil-Waututh Nations. Unceded means this land was never surrendered through treaties, relinquished, or handed over in any way.