Connecting humans with nature.
FortWhyte Alive is more than just a nature centre, wildlife refuge, or a place for education – our 640 acres of protected urban greenspace is an award-winning destination for incredible outdoor experiences.
We connect humans with nature through a variety of unique programs and events that foster sustainability in our community, as well as offering every day nature exploration, outdoor recreation, adventure and discovery – leaving our visitors inspired, with a new and memorable experience, each time they visit.
Experience our passion for the outdoors and the things we care about – active people, a healthy planet, and a vibrant community.
FortWhyte Alive is dedicated to providing programming, natural settings, and facilities for environmental education, outdoor recreation, and social enterprise. In so doing, FortWhyte promotes awareness and understanding of the natural world and actions leading to sustainable living.
- Offer, as a primary focus, relevant programming that focuses on the dynamic interactions and interdependency between humans and natural systems
- Offer outdoor recreational experiences that encourage individuals to enjoy, understand and sustain the natural world
- Offer enhanced program opportunities for disadvantaged youth and families to participate in environmental education, outdoor recreation, and entrepreneurial programs
- Offer exhibits that interpret Manitoba’s cultural and natural history and address critical environmental issues
- Offer outreach programs that build and nurture sustainable communities