Our desired outcome is for seafarers to know that though they live dislocated lives, they will always find a home away from home when they dock at the Port of Montreal.
Our key focus is to build relationships, to be consistent and to build trust.
Over the years, we have seen the fruit of these efforts by:
- having seafarers ask after our chaplains by name
- seafarers telling us verbally or in writing that they plan on returning to visit the Seafarers' Centre the next time they're in town
- seafarers thanking us for receiving a Christmas Parcel (we distribute 1500+ each season)
- seafarers expressing appreciation for the events we organize and offer for free
- receiving positive feedback from the families of seafarers for taking care of their loved ones
- seafarers reaching out to us and asking for help