Pauktuutit fosters greater awareness of the needs of Inuit women, advocates for equity and social improvements, and encourages their participation in the community, regional and national life of Canada.
Pauktuutit leads and supports Canadian Inuit women in policy development and community projects in all areas of interest to them, for the social, cultural, political and economic betterment of the women, their families and communities.
1. Promote the rights and interests of Inuit women and children;
2. Provide the Inuit women of Canada with a united voice;
3. Work towards better social, economic and political conditions for Inuit women;
4. Work for the betterment of individual, family and community health conditions through advocacy and program action;
5. Encourage Inuit women to take their rightful place in society;
6. Promote equity for the independent view of Inuit women in all levels of Canadian governmental and non-governmental structures;
7. Motivate Inuit women to realize their potential as individuals and as a group;
8. Promote self-confidence and self-reliance amongst Inuit women;
9. Provide resources to ensure that our children are raised with Inuit - Inuit values, heritage, culture and language;
10. Encourage the involvement of Inuit women in all levels of Canadian society and
11. Facilitate collaboration between Inuit women and other aboriginal peoples.
About THE PAUKTUUTIT CHARITABLE TRUST
Pauktuutit’s vision is to be a dynamic, visible, influential and prosperous organization, supporting Inuit women and providing leadership, voice and excellence for the betterment of Inuit women, their families and communities.