8th Annual GenNext Day of Caring
par UNITED WAY OF THUNDER BAY
- samedi, 15 juin 2019 de 9:00 Matin à 3:00 Après-midi (HAE)
- 2609 Redwood Ave E 1006-715 Hewitson Street, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6B5
Information sur les billets
DAY OF CARING AGENDA WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE A DAY OF CARING VOLUNTEER?
Let us fill you in on what you can expect during the big day.
- (8:30am) Registration & Welcome
- (9am-10am) Orientation Breakfast – Enjoy a hot breakfast (location tbd), meet your team & grab your T-shirts and team registration package
- (10am) Go Time! Meet at the project site & begin projects – Ready to dig in? Let the painting, gardening, building and spring cleaning begin!
- Beverage Break – We've got you covered! As an added pick me up, we'll be providing coffee!
- (12pm- 1pm) Lunch – Take a break from your hard work and enjoy some delicious pizza .
- (1pm- 3pm) Project completion – Take a step back and admire your completed projects.
GenNext is excited to announce our 8th Annual Day of Caring on Saturday, June 15, 2019!
Day of Caring is a one-day event that brings together dedicated individuals and local not-for-profit organizations for a fun day of volunteering to benefit our community! We encourage our volunteers to leave their wallets at home, and instead donate their time and skills to help complete projects for local not-for-profit organizations who need our help. Past projects have included jobs such as cleaning up neighbourhoods, gardening, painting (inside and out), cleaning up offices, moving equipment or furniture, volunteering at special events/client service projects, helping to prepare meals, and more!
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER? Great! With several different projects we have a great need for volunteers with different types of skills. Join as an individual, or with family, friends or co-workers as a team. Participating as a business allows you to engage your employees to give back to the community. Past volunteers have had a lot of fun at this event as it allows them to get their hands dirty and help the charities first hand. It is a great way to connect and meet new people, but also gives you the chance to network with your own team members and get to know them more! Many volunteers feel a sense of pride and accomplishment when they are able to make such a difference and impact for local organizations that need help! Volunteers are matched to projects based on skills, group size, and general interest. The week leading up the event, you will receive more information about your team members, what project site you will be at and what to expect on the day of the event.
Please note: volunteers must be pre-registered prior to the day of the event to take part. Registration Deadline: Friday, May 31st
"Sometimes just painting a fence or planting some flowers can make the biggest difference. Lending a hand is the attitude that I grew up with, because you never know when you're going to need a helping hand too."- Past Day of Caring Volunteer
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
For more information, to register a project, or sponsor the event, please visit uwaytbay.ca