20/20 Yoga Challenge
THE YOGA OUTREACH SOCIETY
Join The Movement October 11th - October 31st!
20 days | 20 minutes/day | $20
= 1 month free online yoga for you & provides 1 trauma-sensitive yoga class for:
- Women and children fleeing violence
- Incarcerated & at-risk youth
- Women in jail
- Those accessing mental health services
- Those recovering from addictions
- All across BC...just to name a few.
Your registration fee will enable Yoga Outreach to continue to support, empower, and reconnect our community's most vulnerable, and often overlooked, individuals. Plus, you'll get a month of free online yoga to support your practice through our generous sponsor YOGO.tv.
Join the Movement!
- Register as an Individual - Receive 1 month free online yoga & a tax receipt; or
- Create a Corporate Team - Each person who registers will receive free online yoga, and we'll promote your participation through our social media channels; or
- Donate $100+ to become a Corporate Sponsor - You'll receive a tax receipt & we'll promote your through social media (Facebook: 1665+, Twitter: 1265, Instagram: 230+) Our weekly newsletter (1000+) and logo on our website; or
- Donate an in-kind item for our social media contests - We'll promote your business through our social media channels; or
- Donate here instead of participating.
More Ways You Can Help & Win Wellness Prizes
- Change your social media cover photo to our banners and tag us! (you'll be entered to win various frequently drawn wellness prizes).
- Share the images with your online community groups (tag us on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, and you'll be entered to win a prize!)
- Get your friends involved and start a team! (The first person to register creates a team, then everyone who registers after that looks for that team, and joins in - fundraise together)
- Post the campaign to yours or a friend's workplace e-bulletin or intranet (download poster below).
- Have your workplace promote the challenge on their social media, website, and internally, and we'll promote them through our social media.
Why Support Yoga Outreach in Your Community?
Yoga Outreach is celebrating 20 years of providing trauma-sensitive yoga programs within social service facilities across BC. The past 20 years of community service has only been possible thanks to volunteers and individuals like YOU who donate to support the healing of your community.
Yoga Outreach's trauma-sensitive yoga programs offer adults and youth an opportunity to heal from trauma by learning to reconnect with and feel safe within their bodies while also re-establishing a sense of social safety by participating in group classes within facilities they are already accessing.
Participants learn and practice techniques in order to cultivate safe and compassionate relationships with their bodies (a key element when healing from trauma). They are empowered with choice, a sense of community connection, and tools to draw from in order to self-regulate and manage daily circumstances.