Propellus is the hub of Volunteering and the Resource Centre for the Non-Profit Sector.
Formerly the Volunteer Centre of Calgary (o/a Propellus since 2013).
For over 62 years Propellus has been supporting volunteers and volunteerism within the communities of Calgary. We continue this work today because we know that volunteering is essential to creating and sustaining, healthy, supportive, and connected communities.
- We help build caring communities by connecting people and causes with opportunities to effect positive change.
- We ignite and empower the spirit of volunteerism by weaving communities, causes, and passionate people, together.
- We work with organizations to ensure that volunteers have meaningful and rewarding experiences and support volunteers by keeping them informed, engaged and inspired.
For over 20 years we have been working one-on-one and side-by-side with our member organizations and citizens with a vision, to help them achieve their missions and goals. We perform this work through a variety of programming that teaches and trains people how to effectively implement operational structures, develop and deliver programs, build an organization's culture, and whatever else falls in between!
- We build organizational health through assessment and the development of manageable plans that guide organizations to fulfill their missions and create positive impact on the people in our communities.
- We provide people in organizations with professional resources, learning opportunities, and connections to peer expertise and peer support.
- We provide organizational support through access to education and resources.
- We link partners together to help transform ideas into reality.