par VOLUNTEER VICTORIA
- lundi, 27 novembre 2017 de 1:00 Après-midi à 4:00 Après-midi (HNP)
- Volunteer Victoria 306-620 View Street, Victoria, BC V8W 1J6
Information sur les billets
Kindness is a superpower! In fact, it is a game changer, especially today when “casual cruelty” and negativity have become normalized (by some). While kindness won’t solve every problem in our lives, we cannot improve a relationship, group dynamic or culture without it.
In this interactive session, we will discuss:
• The power and benefits of lateral kindness,
• The difference between being nice versus being kind,
• Ways to nix the negativity and to practice kindness in our daily lives, and
• The importance and ripple effect of self-kindness.
About the facilitator:
Shannon Beauchamp is an Indigenous consultant, motivational speaker, trainer, facilitator, and kindness ambassador. Shannon has been delivering thought-provoking workshops across Canada for the past 23 years. Shannon specializes in the areas of lateral violence (which is a type of bullying), lateral kindness, relationship-based care, team building, authentic leadership, and emotional intelligence. Through storytelling and with great humour, Shannon inspires and challenges people to “be the change,” to “be the positivity” they want to see in the world.