Information sur les billets
Paddle the serene lower Bird River with the Wilderness Committee.
Learn about the river's ecosystems, wildlife, threats, and what you can do to help protect it!
This is a chance to reflect on the wonderful wild waterways of Manitoba and think about how to preserve and protect our treasured natural heritage.
- Who: anyone who can paddle, including families and kids
- What: a paddling day trip with lunch included and talk of protecting our water
- Where: the lower Bird River about 1.5 hours northeast of Winnipeg
- When: Sunday, September 24 from 8 am to 5:30 pm
- Why: It’s World Rivers Day! The lower Bird River, and many waterways in Manitoba, are under threat, and need our help to stay healthy.
The route is 12 km downstream in easy current with two portages (150 and 300 meters).
If you don’t have your own boat or paddling partner we can find you both.
The cost is $20, including a hot lunch.Transportation from Winnipeg will be coordinated.
Register here before September 19. In your confirmation email you'll receive a link to your waiver form, which you must either submit to us in advance or have on your person the day of the event.