Be Strong With Her. Step up and help end gender based violence.
Date: Saturday, September 30th, 2017
Location: 1895 Granville Street, Halifax
Time: noon - 2:00 pm
Walk Distance: The route is short and symbolic - half a kilometre in length
This is your opportunity to provide hope for those experiencing gender violence and support YWCA’s programs for women and families.
Be Strong With Her – join is in telling the community that you believe it is time to put a stop to violence against women.
How to help make this event a success
The goal of Strong With Her Walk is to raise money to support the programs at YWCA Halifax, and increase awareness about gender based violence. To ensure dollars raised make the largest impact to women possible, we are keeping Strong With Her impactful, fun, and simple.
It is a place for like-minded people to come together with the hope of putting an end to violence against women and girls.
- We recommend a minimum donation of $10 upon registering. (if this is a financial hardship, we understand. Please register and join us to be Strong With Her.)
- If you fundraise $50, you will receive a free lunch and YWCA waterbottle
- Register to fundraise. With online tools and easy social media sharing, fundraising to make the differences you care about has never been easier.
- Consider starting a ‘team’. Contact Maddi at 902-423-6162 ext. 2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and fundraising and engagement tips.
- Spread the word by sharing our event on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and email.
- Purchase a ‘Strong With Her Tribute’ at the event (min. $5 donation)
What to Bring?
> Funds Raised
> Bottle of Water
> Each $5 donation will receive an "I AM Strong For _insert name_" tribute sticker. Simply write the name of the woman you are being strong for. This can be someone you care about or know who experienced gender based violence or someone you would want to protect like a daughter, niece or friend. You will also receive a companion sticker to wear on September 30th and show the community that you are Strong With Her.
About the Event
Your support will help fund life changing programs for women, including women and children fleeing violence. We are a strong voice for women, girls and their families. Our work is participant-centered, inclusive and asset based. We develop our programs around five focus areas:
- Promotion of leadership, health and wellness of women and girls
- Advancement of women’s economic and housing security
- Delivering quality, accessible, early learning and care
- Working to end violence against women and girls
- Ensuring women have a living wage and affordable housing
A special thank you to Killam Properties and Mix 96.5. Without you, we would not have the necessary resources to offer this event to the community.