Aurora Cannabis Inc will be making a donation of X to the Indian Residential School Survivors Society.
The donations raised by Aurora Employees here on CanadaHelps.org will also be matched dollar for dollar up to a maximum of $5,000.
About the Indian Residential School Survivors Society (IRSSS)
We at Indian Residential School Survivor Society (IRSSS) strive to provide physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual growth, development, and healing through culturally-based values and guiding principles for Survivors, Families, and Communities.
To assist First Nation Peoples in British Columbia to recognize and be holistically empowered from the primary and generational effect of the Residential Schools by supporting research, education, awareness, partnerships, and advocating for justice and healing. The Society assists Survivors with counselling, court support, information, referrals, workshops, and more.
- Principle 1: Transform & Change
- Principle 2: Development Comes from Within
- Principle 3: Healing is Necessary
- Principle 4: Justice Means Equal Opportunity
- Principle 5: Vision Creates Growth and Healing
- Principle 6: Authentic Cultural Development
- Principle 7: Honor of One and All
- Principle 8: Unity
- Principle 9: Teamwork and Participation
- Principle 10: Respect
- Principle 11: Spiritual Native
- Principle 12: Moral and Ethical Values
- Principle 13: Learning
- Principle 14: Sustain and Maintain a Strong Foundation
- Principle 15: Move to Positive, Turning the Page
- Principle 16: Be a Role Model