I wear Shorts well into the Winter to provide awareness for all those out there that don't have a warm home to come home every night.
Although it seems impossible, eradicating Homelessness across the country is achievable. Consider a few stats (Source is Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness):
- 235,000 people in Canada find themselves needing shelter every year
- About 15% of those are chronically homeless
- Indigenous men are 11 times more likely to use a homeless shelter
- Indigenous women are 15 times more likely to use a homeless shelter
- An investment of $44-billion over 10 years could permanently solve chronic homelessness in Canada
100% of your gift will go directly to support work in communities across the country to end homelessness.