Essential Life Skills - March 9th to March 30th
by BOW VALLEY SPCA
- Saturday, 09 March 2019 from 3:53 PM to Saturday, 30 March 2019 12:00 AM (MDT)
- Carla Cumming Sojonky Adoption Centre , Canmore, AB T1W 2W8
The Bow Valley SPCA is offering Dog training Classes that will be focused on teaching “Essential Life Skills” to dogs and their human companion(s). The course will be held at the Carla Cumming Sojonky Adoption Centre from 10:00 am to 10:50am for 4 weeks. The cost is $150. This course is for dogs 6 months or older. 100% of your registration fee goes to the SPCA. So not only are you helping your dog by attending but you are helping our dogs too!
Classes will be limited to 5 dogs and registration is on a first come first served basis.(Please note that your registration will not be considered complete, until payment has been made.)
Essential Life Skills
Want a dog who doesn’t jump all over your guests, and won’t try to steal your dinner off your plate? A dog who comes when called and doesn’t take you for a walk? And a dog who’s happy at the vets and the groomers? Then our Essentials Life Skills class is for you.
It’s designed for friendly adolescent and adult dogs who could use some help polishing up their manners. We teach the basic behaviors using fun exercises and games so that you can have a dog who is truly a joy to live with! We’ll also show you how to teach your dog a trick or two to impress your friends.
Here’s what we’ll cover
- Sit, down, stay, recall, touch/station
- How dogs learn
- All about gear: front clip harnesses, muzzles, haltis
- Life situations: going to the vets, groomers, leaving your dog, crating your dog.
What you’ll need
- A dog who loves people and other dogs.
- A puzzle feeder such as a Kong, filled with your dog’ favourite
- And a fun outlook because we’re all about making training fun for everyone!
Duration: 4 weeks
Session length: 50 minutes
Class size: 5 dogs
Age range: 6 months and over
Pre-requisites: No previous training required
Owners must sign a waiver, including agreeing not to use aversive/punishment based methods at home.
Attendees View All (4)