On February 2, 1984, an association of Conservation and Hunter Education Instructors was incorporated and registered with the Societies Act as a nonprofit organization. In addition, on January 1, 1991, our organization received its registered charity status. We are the Alberta Hunter Education Instructors' Association.
Goals and Objectives
- To promote the highest standard of sportsman behaviour.
- To teach and promote the ethical and humane treatment of fish, wildlife, and all other living creatures.
- To support the improvement of Conservation Education.
- To promote Hunter Education curriculum and instruction development.
- To promote communication among all instructors in the Conservation Education and Hunter Education Programs.
- To promote affiliation with Conservation and Hunter Education interest groups.
The Alberta Conservation and Hunter Education Program is viewed as one of, if not the finest in North America. We, as an Association, are working with instructors to provide material and information to perpetuate and enhance this excellent program. Through information exchange, equipment availability, and continued communication, we endeavour to meet individual instructor needs and enable the instructor to present the best quality education possible.