Clinical Encounters Speaker Series
par Daya Counselling Centre
- mardi, 17 avril 2018 de 6:30 Après-midi à mercredi, 06 juin 2018 8:30 Après-midi (HAC)
- Daya Counselling Centre 6th floor, London, ON N6A 1G3
Information sur les billets
This series is designed for counsellors/psychotherapists who are highly skilled and highly motivated to support client wellbeing, but who also know that they cannot possibly be experts in everything!
Please join us to learn more about working with clients who may be dealing with:
Brain Injury – Tuesday, April 17, 6:30-8:30 pm Alan Lawrence, PhD, C Psych, Dale Brain Injury Services (www.daleservices.on.ca)
Pornography– Tuesday, May 8, 6:30-8:30 pm Carlen Costa, Sexologist, RSW Psychotherapist (drcarlen.com/about/)
Disordered Eating - Wednesday, May 23, 6:30-8:30 pm Jillian Walsh, Registered Dietitian, Change Creates Change Nutrition Counselling (changecreateschange.com)
DSM 5 Diagnosis versus Identity - Wednesday, June 6, 6:30-8:30 pm Marnie Wedlake, Ph.D, Registered Psychotherapist, Madness Talks (www.madnesstalks.com)
In a series of 2-hour presentations, local specialists will provide overviews of their areas of expertise. Attendees will explore essential elements of clinical engagement for each area, including:
- Introductory information. What is this? How common is this issue? What are the myths?
- Direct and indirect indicators. How to recognize this may be an issue for your client.
- Effective clinical engagement. Common barriers to engagement; strategies to connect with or around these.
- Informal assessment strategies. Ways to understand the unique scope of the issue for each client.
- Ethical considerations. Though some issues may be beyond your scope to “treat,” you are still in a clinical relationship with a range of ethical obligations.
- Appropriate referrals. What else exists in our community to support clients dealing with this issue?
Register for one, two, three, or all four* of these enriching professional development opportunities! (discounted rate available for package of four)
In the unfortunate event that you register but later find you cannot join us, refunds are available cancellations received at least one week prior to an event (refund will be equal to cost of ticket less the Canada Helps processing fee of 4.5%). Contact Daya Counselling Centre directly to arrange.
We regret that we cannot offer refunds for cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice. However, you can transfer your registration to a colleague. Please contact Daya Counselling Centre to advise of the individual who will be attending in your place.