Single Session Therapy with Scot Cooper June 26 & 27
par Daya Counselling Centre
- lundi, 26 juin 2017 de 9:00 Matin à mardi, 27 juin 2017 4:00 Après-midi (HAE)
- Daya Counselling Centre 141 Dundas Street - 6th floor , London, ON N6A 1G3
Information sur les billets
This two day workshop will provide both an introduction to single session conversations and will cover advanced practice related to addressing the experience of trauma in a single session. 9:00 am to 4:00 pm June 26 & 27, 2017.
Day one (June 26) will provide an introduction to single session conversations.
Day two (June 27) will cover advanced practice related to addressing the experience of trauma in a single session.
Together we will explore:
- Ways of thinking about people, problems, and change that relate well to exploring possibility and outline an ethic of practice.
- A design for single session therapy sessions that brings focus, coherence and completion to the process.
- Specific listening to quickly hear entry points to possibility.
- Several questions to elicit difference and possibility that foreground competency.
- Ways to hear and respond to trauma stories.
- Re-conceptualization of ‘crisis’ and questions that generate possibilities and safety.
- Ways to develop ‘counter-stories’ to pathology that rehabilitate people’s sense of who they are and what is possible.
- Practices for co-crafting various ‘take-home’ documents.
- Ways to co-develop culturally and contextually relevant ‘next steps’ and extend the conversation well past the session into everyday living.
*Please note that the workshop fee has been set to cover training costs only. The 3.5% CanadaHelps transaction fee has been added to the registration fee. Parking and meals are not included with registration but are widely available throughout downtown London.