Information sur les billets
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has partnered with North Simcoe Victim Services (NSVS) to host Breaking the Silence, a mental health symposium. The symposium will bring together police partners, emergency responders, mental health practitioners and community service providers to engage in knowledge exchange, dialogue and networking to promote the continued advancement of community collaboration and evaluation-based best practices in supporting mental health in policing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- OPP members and their families
- Police leaders to frontline officers
- Emergency responders
- Mental health practitioners
- Community service providers
- November 22, 2018 from 12:00pm – 4:30pm
- November 23, 2018 from 8:00am – 2:30pm
Auditorium – South entrance, Ontario Provincial Police General Headquarters (GHQ), 777 Memorial Ave, Orillia, L3V 7V3
Parking will be at the south entrance of the GHQ building in a designated area.
- $100 including HST (seating is limited) Registration includes lunch provided on day two and refreshments for all breaks.
- Space is limited so please register early.
- Robyn MacEachern-Ontario Provincial Police/ OPP Mental Health Strategy
- Frances Yarbrough- Executive Director of North Simcoe Victim Services/Trauma and Violence: Informed Approaches
- Mark Morphet– Ontario Provincial Police and Sgt. Glen Klose-Edmonton Police Service /Reintegration
- Holly Britton-Durham Regional Police Services and Krystle Martin-Forensic and Clinical Psychologist /Technology of Wellness
- Gregory Armstrong-Collingwood General and Marine Hospital/Occupational Stress Injuries: Support in Difficult Times
- Bryan Mackillop-Ontario Provincial Police/The OPP's Response to the Opioid Crisis: Everyone Matters
- Kyle Handley-Lead Psychologist York Regional Police and Dr. Julie Devlin-Psychologist & Consultant to OPP and Dr. Paulette Laidlaw- Psychologist & Consultant to Halton Regional Police Service/Safeguard – A Hard Look
- Insp Tony Hymers, Insp Derek Needham and Cst. Lisa Narancsik – OPP/Collaborative Response Models
- S/Sgt Julie Paddon – OPP and Sjors Reijers –Mental Health Commission of Canada -Importance of Partnerships
- The dress for this event is working uniform or business attire.
- This event is not open to the media.
- Rooms have been blocked under the OPP Wellness Group/Conference at the following hotels:
- Best Western PLUS Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre, 400 Memorial Avenue, Orillia ON L3V 6H1, Phone: 705.325.9511 /1.800.461.0283 x 5308
- Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel, 440 Couchiching Point Rd, Orillia, ON L3V 6P8, Phone: 705.325.6505
- Attendees are responsible for arranging their own accommodation as well as the cost of reservations.