Information sur les billets
A celebration of creativity, community, family and friendship!
The annual WeeFestival Family Day wraps the festival on Victoria Day, May 21st, with a celebration of arts and community at The Theatre Centre and Lisgar Park featuring West-African artist Fana Soro, a family dance party with live music from around the world, a chill lullabye concert, the interactive world of Biinoojiinyag Gitgaanmiwaa (The Children's Garden) and an array of hands-on activities and crafts for little hands.
Admission to the WeeFestival Family Day is free by donation. Your contribution helps to keep the WeeFestival accessible for all families. Our suggested minimum donation is $10 per person.
ABOUT THE WEEFESTIVAL
The International WeeFestival of Theatre and Culture for Early Years returns for its 3rd edition with a not-to-be-missed line-up from May 11 to 21, 2018.
Highlights of the 2018 WeeFestival include:
- International works: Knock! Magnet Theatre (South Africa), CutOuts (Italy), Mokofina (Pays Basque/France), Ssst! (Germany)
- WeeFestival premiers and commissions: Tweet! Tweet! (Femme de Feu), Flying Hearts (Theatre Direct), Baby Berio (Xin Wang), and Biinoojiinyag Gitgaanmiwaa (Leslie Katchena McCue)
- Community outreach: Magnet Theatre’s production of Scoop, will welcome infants and their caregivers from various social service organizations and initiatives serving young parents. Children from local daycares and kindergartens will attend performances throughout the week.
- Professional development for early childhood educators and theatre artists: 25 early childhood educators will participate in workshops and attend performances while theatre artists will have the chance to learn and create for very young audiences with Magnet Theatre.
- A full delegate programme of conference activity for producers, presenters, artists, and educators exploring themes of access, inclusion, and reconciliation in arts for early childhood