Vision, Mission and Core Values | CMHA Ottawa
We envision a community which values everyone’s human dignity and mental health.Our Mission
Our mission is to offer opportunity and support for individuals with serious mental health issues and complex needs from the diverse communities and populations of the City of Ottawa so that they may achieve meaning and success and improve their level of functioning in the environment of their choice.Our Core Values
- Social Justice The equality of all individuals, fairness, individual rights, freedom of choice, and privacy.
- Self Determination The rights of individuals to be involved in all choices that affect them.
- Excellence Quality, consistency, continuous improvement and excellence in services and organization administration.
- Leadership The development, encouragement and support of consumers and their families and of our staff and volunteers and leaders in support of our Mission.
- Individual and Collective Responsibility To inform, educate and support our community in the understanding and prevention of mental illness, the reduction of stigma and the promotion of mental health.
- Inclusion and participationThe individuals for whom services are intended have the knowledge, experience and ability to contribute significantly to the development of the services, the process by which they are provided, and their outcomes.
- Organizational responsibilityCMHA offers a safe, nurturing and accessible environment that strives for excellence, appreciates diversity, and provides opportunity for development and personal growth. We recognize that our greatest resource is the people whom we serve, our staff and our volunteers.