2b theatre company strives to stimulate the mind and to awaken the spirit by producing theatre that is vital, innovative and challenging. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, 2b theatre company creates, develops, and presents works for the regional, national and international stages.
This year, 2b celebrates our 19th season creating internationally acclaimed theatre from our home in Halifax. We could not do it without our strong community of donors. We invite you to join that community. Your support makes a world of difference.
Last year our work was seen by over 17,000 people at home and abroad as we toured to Chester, Montreal, Edmonton, Bristol, throughout Ontario, to Buenos Aires in our first Spanish-Language production, and Off-Broadway in New York City.
This year, our original works tour to five continents:
- Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story takes the world by storm, with performances across the UK, Netherlands, Canada, and Australia.
- One Discordant Violin, Anthony Black’s adaptation of a short story by Yann Martel (author of Life of Pi), tours Mumbai, India.
- Cuando Llueve, the Spanish-language version of When it Rains, returns to Buenos Aires, Argentina, after an acclaimed debut last spring.
- The Bridge by Shauntay Grant, directed by Anthony Black, premieres on Neptune Theatre’s Fountain Hall mainstage this winter.
- We Are Not Alone, co-produced by 2b in a multi-city partnership with Crow’s Theatre and the Segal Centre, tours to Edmonton and Toronto.
100% of your donation goes to our 2b Creative Annual Fund - a dependable source of revenue that helps 2b create vital new works for Halifax and the world. Please consider supporting 2b.
What People Are Saying
"It's always a pleasure when 2b theatre comes to town."
— Eye Weekly, Toronto
"5 stars... a thing of raw and unmissable beauty"
— Herald Scotland (Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story), Read More
"5 stars... A marvel of 21st century storytelling"
— Scotland Herald (Invisible Atom)
"It’s a tour de force performance that mesmerizes with its deft wit and razor sharp humour. 4 stars (out of 4) "
— The Calgary Sun (The God That Comes)
"4 stars... Critic’s Pick "
— The Times, London (When it Rains)
"The internationally acclaimed 2b theatre company is known for its crisp, highly stylized productions, and director Christian Barry has seamlessly melded his company’s renowned production elements with demanding performances from his actors."
— The Globe and Mail (Review of What A Young Wife Ought To Know), Read More