To raise and steward funds to support Guelph General Hospital's delivery of quality, patient centred health care.
About Our Charity
The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital raises funds to support Guelph General Hospital.
When the doors to Guelph General Hospital were opened on August 16, 1875, the hospital had 12 beds, a small infectious room and a dispensary. A superintendent and two nurses provided care, as well as working in the kitchen, housekeeping, switchboard
Today, GGH is a dynamic, comprehensive acute care facility providing a full range of services to the residents of Guelph and Wellington County. Services include 24-hour emergency coverage, advanced technology and diagnostic support, and specialty programs such as orthopaedics, cardiac care, obstetrics, gynaecology and paediatrics.
In its capacity as a community and referral hospital, GGH serves a population of 180,000 people throughout Guelph and Wellington County.