Who we are...
The Quebec Association for Children with Hearing Problems Montreal Regional Sector (AQEPA MR) is a group of families, professionals and sympathetic members residing in the regions of Montreal, Montérégie, Laval, Lanaudière and the Laurentians. For more than 40 years, our mission has been to contribute to educational success and to promote the inclusion of deaf youth in society by developing and promoting services according to their needs.
Accessibility as a priority!
The AQEPA MR is proud to promote universal accessibility in its offer of services and activities to members. This approach is part of our many efforts to achieve an inclusive and equitable society for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
What we do…
We offer a range of services that cater tnot only to the deaf and hard of hearing youth (0-25 years old) but also to their parents, extended family and siblings :
- Support, information, referral and pairing: whether by phone, email or through social media, we are there for you.
- Developpement stimulation through play or reading for 0-5 year olds.
- Homework help for 6 to 25 years old.
- Day camps 5 to 14 years old (Montreal), camping camp 7 to 14 years old (Bromont) and winter camp (pre-teens 8 to 13 years old)
- Family activities and conferences for parents.
- "First steps to employment" and "teen roadtrip" programs.
- A ton of inspiring tools and articles on our website and inpiring role models in our team and on our Facebook page.
- Public Awareness and Advocacy.