Central Okanagan Community Food Bank

Registered Name: CENTRAL OKANAGAN COMMUNITY FOODBANK SOCIETY

Business Number: 107561862RR0001

Our Mission

The Central Okanagan Community Food Bank is a compassionate group that supports people in need in a dignified way through:

Continuing to transform the delivery of healthy food to people in need. Assisting client wellness with our services and referrals. Implementing best practices in all aspects of foodbanking.

Continuing collaborative partnerships and alliances. Raising community awareness. Lobbying and advocating. Being a financially and logistically sustainable organization.

About Central Okanagan Community Food Bank Society

The Central Okanagan Food Bank (COFB) services in upwards of 4,000 individuals every month, 33% of which are children under the age of 15, while another 12% are seniors living on a fixed income. We assist anywhere from 100 to 150 households every day, register approximately 60 new households every 30 days, and also provide food to 40 local non for profits. Most people are often amazed to learn that only 30% of our client base is on social assistance, which means the remaining 70% are working members of the community, struggling to make ends meet.

Unfortunately, food insecurity and hunger is a very sad reality in the Central Okanagan, but one we strive to advocate for, and reduce, every day.

The COFB is a self supporting non-profit organization. We do not receive Government financial assistance. We raise funds and food through donations, special fundraising events and rely on corporate and community support throughout all months of the year.

Find Out More About This Charity