About Moving Forward Family Services
Moving Forward Family Services provides affordable counselling in a safe and ethical environment with a client-centred approach. We aim to bridge the gaps in services by eliminating wait lists, deconstructing barriers in accessing affordable counselling, and developing strong relationships within the community.
A Transformative Approach to Counselling and Support Services
- Free and sliding scale counselling options. Individual counselling in BC normally costs 120-190$ per session. At MFFS, we only charge 38$ for individual sessions and 55$ for family and couples counselling. We also offer free/sliding scale services with counselling interns.
- No to minimal waitlists. Reaching out for help is hard. It’s doubly hard when you are met with a months-long waitlist. Mental health care is urgent, and waiting for services only worsens the problem. Our paid services have no waitlists and our sliding scale services have only minimal waits.
- Holistic approach with no restrictive eligibility criteria. We provide services to youth, adults, partners, families, and seniors for a wide array of presenting problems including: abuse, addiction, mental illness, relationships, family problems, and many others.
- No caps on number of counselling sessions. Many affordable counselling services only offer a limited number of sessions. This is counter-productive; mental health often requires long-term counselling to improve. At MFFS, clients can have as many counselling sessions as they wish and will be seen by the same counsellor.
- Anti-oppressive approach in over 15 languages. MFFS makes counselling accessible to as many people as possible including new immigrants, non-English speakers, and queer people. We offer accessible counselling times on evenings and weekends.
- Qualified counsellors. All of our counsellors are insured and fully supervised, and the vast majority have or nearing completing of a Masters Degree in Clinical Counselling or Social Work from an accredited post-secondary institution.
We Need your Support
1 in 5 Canadians will experience a mental health problem this year. We need to address this crisis. Mental health care is simply too expensive and inaccessible. Help us support our community by donating today.