Hunger. Homelessness. Social isolation. These are issues happening right here. Right now. Are you the one to help? #iamtheone
• 1 in 3 Waterloo Region residents don’t feel like they belong.
• 1 in 4 food bank users are children under the age of 11.
• 1 in 5 youth in our region will not graduate from high school.
We need your support now more than ever to ensure everyone has the change to reach their full potential.
WHAT WE DO
United Way Waterloo Region Communities is dedicated to helping people live better lives in every one of the seven communities we serve. We are fundraisers and community builders who engage and mobilize the community around grassroots causes. The funds we raise support a network of agencies whose programs and services deliver community-wide benefits.
HOW WE HELP
Your donation allows United Way to fund on-the-ground services that tackle persistent social issues at their root. Last year alone, your donations to United Way Waterloo Region Communities made it possible for:
• 7,574 youth to engage with positive role models and improve their social skills.
• 81,180 individuals to put food on the table through access to food hampers and education around healthy eating and cooking on a budget.
• 13,646 individuals to access counselling programs that helped them experience a decrease in psychological distress.
THE IMPACT OF YOUR DONATIONS
With your help, we can change even more lives.
• $365 helps 86 people by providing increased access to food.
• $500 helps 8 people improve basic life skills through reading, writing and financial literacy.
• $1,200 helps 19 people through supports that reduce isolation and loneliness.
Are you the one to provide hope? Donate today. #iamtheone