AMHS-KFLA offers counselling, treatment, case management, court and housing support for anyone experiencing mental illness or addiction. Our services are free.
Our 250+ staff serve more than 7,000 individuals living in the counties of Frontenac and Lennox & Addington, reaching from Kingston to Napanee, northward past Sharbot Lake and Northbrook, and southward to include Wolfe, Amherst and Howe Islands.
Our services are based on the principles of Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Harm Reduction. We take a person-centred approach, with diverse programs and services tailored to individual needs.
A community where people have wellness, acceptance and a sense of belonging.
As a leading, transformative and collaborative organization, AMHS-KFLA’s mission is to provide responsive, high-quality, community-based addiction and mental health services that empower the people it serves to be well and achieve their full potential.
Compassion A welcoming and inclusive organization, we cultivate relationships with all stakeholders that encourage and promote recovery and wellness. We are universally positive in all our actions with individuals served and the community.
Innovation We seek to innovate in all we do. We will be socially entrepreneurial and create a culture of measured risk to achieve organizational and system sustainability.
Excellence We strive to provide accessible, flexible, integrated services in safe welcoming environments. We have a learning culture where initiative, innovation, and creativity are highly valued. The foundation of our services rests on excellence in all that we do.
Accountability We will act honestly and with integrity by taking responsibility for our own actions and by holding others responsible for theirs. We will ensure proper stewardship of the public resources placed in our trust.
We offer various supports including
- Crisis Services - Our 24/7 Crisis Phone lines are here for you. Mobile and walk in services are available during select hours.
- Housing Services - We provide affordable housing; with flexible levels of support from 24/7 staffed homes to fully independent living to almost 200 people. Our Housing First program and Housing Loss Prevention work to end homelessness and ensure stable housing can be maintained.
- Addiction Services - Services include individual and group counselling, youth services and support for problem gambling, gaming and other behavioural addictions. The Motherwise program supports pregnant or parenting individuals with substance use concerns.
- Case Management Services provide 1:1 support and advocacy to clients in their community; providing tools for daily living, symptom management and goal development. The Transitional Case Management team assists individuals in returning to their home after a hospitalization or in dealing with the after effects of a crisis.
- Justice & Court Support Services assists those in conflict with the law, providing information and support as well as referrals to other community services as needed. Diversion programs are available where applicable.
- Assertive Community Treatment provides intensive supports to individuals with serious mental illness, offering treatment, recovery and support services and access to psychiatry, nurses, social workers, behavioural science therapists, occupational therapists and others.
- Family Resource Centre offers information and support to family members