To increase awareness of rights and responsibilities, so blind, deaf-blind and partially sighted individuals can have equal access to the benefits and opportunities of society.
About Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians
The AEBC objectives include:
- To establish a strong national organization with a voice and a will to change what it means to be blind
- To promote ideas and solutions for equal access and full participation and to foster their inclusion whenever new programs, legislation and policies are being developed
- To eliminate barriers that prevent access to printed information, technology, household products, and other goods and services
- To provide mentoring to blind children and newly blinded adults through interaction with successful blind role models
- To assist blind, partially sighted and deaf-blind Canadians to gain access to needed programs and services.
- To encourage the acquisition of usable skills through training programs and higher education