"To assist and support all persons infected or affected by HIV/AIDS and to limit the spread of the virus through education and outreach strategies."
About AIDS COMMITTEE OF NORTH BAY AND AREA / COMITE DU SIDA DE NOR
1. We believe in the principle of ACCEPTANCE of every individual regardless of race, colour, creed, ethnic origin, gender, language, physical or mental status, or sexual orientation.
2. We believe that we should all do within our power to AFFIRM in each individual her/his unique self-worth.
3. We believe that we should provide ASSISTANCE to any individual infected by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or affected by the impact of this virus, in an atmosphere of strict confidentiality.
4. We believe that we should ADVOCATE in the community for continous improvement in support services, education, public awareness, behavioural change, and public financial commitment to these activities.
5. We believe that as a publicly funded committee we should be ACCOUNTABLE to the public for our stewardship of its funds.