PROTECTING, PRESERVING, AND RESTORING ECOSYSTEMS FOR ALL ALBERTANS.
When you contribute to Alberta Ecotrust Foundation, you support environmental projects and programs across the province from Fort Chipewyan to Pincher Creek for years to come. Working in partnership with others, we use our resources, insights and strengths to help community-led organizations protect the environment.
Protecting land and water, and reducing the impacts of climate change are top priorities for Albertans living in rural, urban or Indigenous communities. We recognize that our collective health and community prosperity come from the natural bounty of resources around us.
That is why Alberta Ecotrust invests in a diverse range of local and regional activities that result in healthier ecosystems by:
- Conserving and protecting the quantity and quality of water in lakes and streams to ensure healthy aquatic habitat and availability for human use
- Protecting or enhancing the ecological function of native and developed landscapes to improve biodiversity, wildlife habitat and connectivity and land use management
- Reducing emissions, conserving energy and advancing renewable energy sources
Our work to protect the environment includes:
- Financially supporting hundreds of community-based environmental projects and programs.
- Bringing environmental champions from all sectors together to develop collaborative approaches and projects for solutions that protect Alberta ecosystems.
- Hosting and facilitating workshops and events for the general public, government agencies, charities and communities to design and deliver effective environmental projects that yield results.
- Leading a Social Innovation Lab that takes a systems approach to watershed planning and protection.
It is more and more urgent that we support and invest in the people who work on solutions to our most pressing environmental challenges. We hope you agree! Please make a donation and support this important work today.
What People Are Saying
"My annual donation to Alberta Ecotrust is a welcome ritual for me. I want to help keep our environment clean and healthy, and it makes me feel great to know my money is being invested wisely, in so many important projects across the province. It’s the easiest way I know to make a big difference. "
— Garry Mann, Calgary, AB, Read More
"The Miistakis Institute has been a partner with Alberta Ecotrust since 2008. As a partner we get the opportunity to come together with our industry and ENGO counterparts to share ideas, debate opinions and craft innovative solutions, all to improve the environment for the benefit of all Albertans."
— Danah Duke, Executive Director, Miistakis Institute, Read More
"Ecotrust’s unique model of collaboration allows companies and community organizations to work shoulder to shoulder, and to learn from each other. When we work together in this way there is no hierarchy – only mutual respect, lots of intellectual capital and a passion to shape a better world."
— Arlene Strom, Vice President, Sustainability & Communications, Read More