The Alliance for South Asian AIDS Prevention (ASAAP) provides HIV/AIDS, sexual health and support services for South Asians in Toronto and surrounding regions.
We focus on three main programs areas:
1. Support for People Living with HIV/AIDS through peer counselling, peer support networks, referrals and treatment information
2. Education around HIV/AIDS and sexual health through workshops, resource development and outreach
3. Community development through volunteerism, arts-based engagement, communications and community based research
Our work is grounded in principles of anti-oppression and GIPA/MIPA (the Greater and Meaningful Involvement of People living with HIV/AIDS). We also acknowledge the many social determinants of health such as racism, gender equity, housing, violence, mental health and employment and affect people's health choices and circumstances.
We are always learning, growing and building strong partnerships with organizations & people.
Your support can go a long way at ASAAP! If you are considering donating to the cause, here is some information about where and how your donation will be used to benefit our collective communities.
We have a fundraising policy in place to ensure we allocate resources to best support our clients and programs.
Supporting ASAAP means supporting:
- South Asians living with HIV with emergency financial assistance
- Women’s health education
- Youth education and risk reduction
- Queer community building and support
- Campaigns that address stigma and allow people to live safer, healthier lives
What you can expect:
- Charitable tax receipt (available for donations above $20)
- Program and agency updates through our monthly newsletter
- Connection to a community of progressive South Asians
- Personal invitations to our events
- Mention on our website and annual report (if desired)
- Less than 2% in administrative costs