ALLIANCE FOR SOUTH ASIAN AIDS PREVENTION
Registered Name: ALLIANCE FOR SOUTH ASIAN AIDS PREVENTION
Business Number: 139274864RR0001
About This Charity
The Alliance for South Asian AIDS Prevention (ASAAP) provides HIV/AIDS, sexual health and support services for South Asians in Toronto and surrounding regions.
We focus on three main programs areas:
1. Support for People Living with HIV/AIDS through peer counselling, peer support networks, referrals and treatment information
2. Education around HIV/AIDS and sexual health through workshops, resource development and outreach
3. Community development through volunteerism, arts-based engagement, communications and community based research
Our work is grounded in principles of anti-oppression and GIPA/MIPA (the Greater and Meaningful Involvement of People living with HIV/AIDS). We also acknowledge the many social determinants of health such as racism, gender equity, housing, violence, mental health and employment and affect people's health choices and circumstances.
We are always learning, growing and building strong partnerships with organizations & people.
Your support can go a long way at ASAAP! If you are considering donating to the cause, here is some information about where and how your donation will be used to benefit our collective communities.
We have a fundraising policy in place to ensure we allocate resources to best support our clients and programs.
Supporting ASAAP means supporting:
- South Asians living with HIV with emergency financial assistance
- Women’s health education
- Youth education and risk reduction
- Queer community building and support
- Campaigns that address stigma and allow people to live safer, healthier lives
What you can expect:
- Charitable tax receipt (available for donations above $20)
- Program and agency updates through our monthly newsletter
- Connection to a community of progressive South Asians
- Personal invitations to our events
- Mention on our website and annual report (if desired)
- Less than 2% in administrative costs
Donate To This Charity Now
Make a one-time donation to this charity now using a credit card , PayPal™ account or a CanadaHelps Gift Card.
Schedule monthly donations using a credit card or PayPal™ account.
It’s an easy way to make a big impact and helps the charity plan. Choose the day of the month for your first donation. We’ll charge you on the same day every month thereafter for the remainder of the period you set.
A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably since the capital gains tax does not apply. Your security or mutual fund donation means a larger donation for the charities you support. It also means a larger charitable tax receipt for you. We’re the largest processor of online security and mutual fund donations in Canada. And, we make it easy to disburse your donation across multiple charities.
Bringing friends, family or co-workers together to support this charity multiplies your donation.
A CanadaHelps Fundraising Page gives you the tools to tell your fundraising story and to track your progress. Share your page with everyone you know by email, using the integration social media feature and more. Before you know it, you will have increased awareness and funds for a charity you care about.
Do You Have a CanadaHelps Gift Card?
Just continue with your donation and you will be prompted for this information at checkout.
Now that was a great gift idea!