The mission of the Alzheimer Society of PEI is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, as well as promoting the search for a cause and a cure.
About ALZHEIMER SOCIETY OF PEI
The Alzheimer Society of PEI offers specialized programs and services to support you.
- Public Education - Conferences, Presentations, and Training
- First Link - is a program designed to assist individuals living with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, their family and caregivers. Partnering with physicians, health professionals and community we will create a support system for individuals at the point of diagnosis and we will link Islanders to a community of education and services.
- Caregiver Support Groups - Operated across the province and facilitated by family caregivers, these groups provide an opportunity to learn more about Alzheimer's disease & other dementias, discuss difficult issues and share strategies for coping.
- Resources - Brochures, Books & More!
- Brain Fitness Fun - We are working on making your community more dementia friendly. Programs such as Brain Fitness Fun (BFF) incorporate brain games and physical activities safe for older adults. Whether you are living with dementia, a caregiver or a senior join BFF today!
- Volunteers - Help us to help others! Volunteers make a world of difference to our organization. To become a volunteer or a donor of the Alzheimer Society of PEI contact us today!
Get social with us to find out the exciting things we have happening to support PEI families impacted by Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
We are on Facebook & Twitter @AlzheimerPEI