The success of our mission relies on your help!
In spite of its importance, the mental health sector is seriously underfunded. The Argyle Institute receives no government funding and must rely heavily on charitable donations to be able to continue its valuable work.
The Need is Urgent!
Mental illness is an invisible epidemic: one in five Canadians suffers from a mental health problem or illness every year1. And yet, only one in three of these people report that they have sought services and treatment2-3. This is in large part because these services are not financially accessible to all in need.
Rooted in our legacy, the Wellness Tree Campaign is inspired by the powerful symbol of the tree whose secure trunk offers stability and support, whose flexible branches are strong yet bending and whose resilient leaves are positioned to shelter and protect.
Help us grow our Wellness Tree to serve more people in need with the purchase of a leaf; green, purple, blue, bronze, silver, or gold. Each leaf will be displayed on a mural in the Argyle Institute to recognize the contributions of donors such as yourself.
Every leaf is like a helping hand to someone who cannot afford the treatment they need. Help us branch out to more people this year by contributing to our Wellness Tree.
- A green leaf = $1 - $99
- A purple leaf = $100 - $499
- A blue leaf = $500 - $999
- A bronze leaf = $1,000 - $4,999
- A silver leaf = $5,000 - $9,999
- A gold leaf = $10,000 and +
- Smetanin, P., Stiff, D., Briante, C., Adair, C., Ahmad, S. & Khan, M. (2011). The life and economic impact of major mental illnesses in Canada: 2011 to 2041.
- Statistics Canada. (2003). Canadian community health survey: Mental health and well-being. The Daily, 3 September.
- Waddell, C., McEwan, K., Shepherd, C.A., Offord, D.R., & Hua, J.M. (2005). A public health strategy to improve the mental health of Canadian children. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 50 (4), 226–233.