ArtsBuild Ontario is the only organization in Ontario dedicated to helping arts organizations build, manage and finance sustainable facilities. We provide cost-effective programs, tools and resources to help Ontario's 700+ arts organizations develop and maintain the facilities they have and need.
WHY SHOULD YOU DONATE TO ABO?
By donating to ArtsBuild Ontario, you are helping us continue to provide valuable services for arts organizations to build and maintain the creative spaces that make Ontario communities vibrant places to live. Your money goes towards supporting the programs that have benefited hundreds of nonprofit arts organizations through ABO's programs, research and advocacy.
Programs, tools, resources and workshops include:
- Brick&Mortar – an online searchable database that houses the information collected from nonprofit arts facilities across the province.
- SpaceFinder – a free matchmaking tool for renters looking for creative space, and spaces looking to promote their rentals.
- LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT – a two-day workshop to strengthen the management and financial capacity of nonprofits around facilities.
- Energize Microloan Fund for the Arts – a microloan fund to provide Ontario’s nonprofit arts organizations with the opportunity to finance small energy efficient projects.
- PLAN IT | BUILD IT – an online guide to planning and completing capital projects.
- Resource Library – an online curated resource of articles, videos, guidelines and case studies related to arts facilities.
WHY DO ARTS FACILITIES MATTER?
Facilities are the places where arts and culture happen. Healthy facilities, healthy artistic capability, healthy organizations and healthy finances are the four hallmarks of a thriving arts and culture sector.
Yet despite their importance, facilities are the most under-resourced component of arts operations. Which is why providing tools and resources to help our arts organizations run sustainable facilities is so important for Ontario's arts organizations.
What People Are Saying
"“The most important aspect is going into a major project armed with new knowledge.” "
— LEARN IT | BUILD IT | MANAGE IT participant, Read More
"SpaceFinder Toronto has been an unparalleled resource for Cahoots Theatre Company in getting our name out there and sharing our resources with not just the artistic community, but the broader community of Toronto as a whole."
— Jivesh Parasram, Creation Studio Facilitator, Cahoots Theatre Company , Read More
"SpaceFinder's greatest asset is its fluid administration system, which has helped us cut back on our work load and allowed us to continue serving the artists of our community."
— Kate Nankervis, Co-Artistic Director, Hub14, Read More
"Finding new approaches to challenging situations and my overall confidence in my position were made stronger. I also learned how to be a better mentor to interns, volunteers and summer students that I work with at Modern Fuel thanks to the shining example provided by my mentor. "
— Megan McNeil, Modern Fuel, Kingston, Read More
"The experience has made me more confident and comfortable in dealing with HR issues. This can only be a benefit to my organization. "
— Steve Clarkin, Roy Thompson Hall and Massey Hall, Toronto, Read More