Incorporated in 1965, Associated Designers of Canada is a national arts service organization dedicated to representing set, costume, lighting, projection and sound designers working in the live performing arts in Canada.
ADC is committed to promoting theatrical stage design on a nation-wide basis by:
• conducting research and disseminating standards and working procedures, standard terms and contract templates, as well as other tools and resources for theatrical designers and the performing arts sector;
• conducting professional development workshops, seminars, training programs, and mentorship opportunities;
• showcasing the work of theatre designers through exhibitions;
• providing scholarships, bursaries, and awards for the professional development of theatrical designers;
• representing the interests of the arts community in front of government agencies and other public bodies, and representing theatrical designers in labour negotiations/agreements;
• providing opportunities for networking and collaboration for our members and the design community as a whole